Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

G 10 white balance prob

Started by MATT S ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

G 10 white balance prob

7 posts
  1. Hi all i have a problem when setting custom white balance while shooting in maual mode. I can set it fine in other modes but when in manual the shots either have a green or yellow tinge. please help

  2. Hi all i have a problem when setting custom white balance while shooting in maual mode. I can set it fine in other modes but when in manual the shots either have a green or yellow tinge. please help

    How are you setting the White Balance?

  3. How are you setting the White Balance?

     

     

    I havent tried underwater but topside i have used a grey and white piece of paper. the grey works perfect in P mode.

  4. I havent tried underwater but topside i have used a grey and white piece of paper. the grey works perfect in P mode.

    Huh ... must be some other setting somewhere. Can you factory reset the camera and try again?

  5. Huh ... must be some other setting somewhere. Can you factory reset the camera and try again?

     

    I have been playing around whith it and it seems to work when i dont use the inbuilt flash so I put it in my housing and tryed whith my strobe and it works fine.

  6. I have been playing around whith it and it seems to work when i dont use the inbuilt flash so I put it in my housing and tryed whith my strobe and it works fine.

    Unless you are shooting video, I'd say that it is way more trouble than it is worth to set manual WB underwater.

     

    Shooitng RAW with Auto WB and an adjustment by eye in post works best for me.

  7. Unless you are shooting video, I'd say that it is way more trouble than it is worth to set manual WB underwater.

     

    Shooitng RAW with Auto WB and an adjustment by eye in post works best for me.

     

    Yeah I am sure that will be fine. Thanks for the help

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.