Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

how do you preserve EXIF data

Started by martys ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

how do you preserve EXIF data

5 posts
  1. this isn't really about digital SLRs but I figured most of you folks use Photoshop for post production work. So, I add comments to my original jpg files using Breezebrowser. They appear just fine. I edit my image in photoshop and all the camera info is discarded from the file. The EXIF comments are also discard by Photoshop. Instead, the EXIF data now show only the filename, date/time the image was shot, the file size and the color space.

     

    Is there any way to preserve or restore the image data from the original into the edited file?

     

    sorry for being off topic.

     

    Marty

  2. FYI, you can copy back the EXIF information from the original to the modified one with Breezebrowser.

  3. I:

     

    Process and save files in a staging area.

     

    Copy EXIF back over with Breezebrowser (v2.7a messes up with Canon focal length, though. Chris says he will fix in next version)

     

    Comment images in BreezeBrowser

     

    Generate HTML

     

    Use Exifer to copy IPTC and EXIF onto resulting jpg images -- to tag with copyright for Google to find.

  4. Thanks all!

  5. Wellcome to the wonderful world of exif.

     

    If you are doing this manualy as everybody sugested than... no problem, as everybody said, copy/paste the exif data. If you are doing this automaticaly (I extract the exif data with a perl script and post it on each pictures' html page) than the only solution I found is to use Thumbs+, another graphical software packet that doesn't destroys the exif info.

     

    Actualy what Photoshop ditches is the manufacturer info from the exif data the rest of the exif information is intact so will still get camera model and unusefull stuff like that.

     

    If you want to see the result of my script check out www.pambucol.com and then go to Trips and pick any of the latest stuff.

     

    Vlad

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.