Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Conversion of Sea&Sea 5D Housing to 5D Mark II

Started by hydraulicphoto ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Conversion of Sea&Sea 5D Housing to 5D Mark II

7 posts
  1. Hi

    Can someone please tell me if there is anyone who is converting the Sea&Sea 5D housing to take the 5D Mark II body? I had someone from Wetpixel offer to do it and then go dark on me. I'm now stuck with a 5D Mark II body (which I bought after confirming that I could get it done) and a 5D housing.

    Thanks.

  2. Hi

    Can someone please tell me if there is anyone who is converting the Sea&Sea 5D housing to take the 5D Mark II body? I had someone from Wetpixel offer to do it and then go dark on me. I'm now stuck with a 5D Mark II body (which I bought after confirming that I could get it done) and a 5D housing.

    Thanks.

    I've just realized I've posted this in the wrong forum sorry.

  3. This is probably the best place hydraulic. I deleted your duplicate posting.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Marc

    If the guy went dark, then perhaps you should just suck it up and fork for a new housing. :blink:

  5. Marc

    If the guy went dark, then perhaps you should just suck it up and fork for a new housing. :)

     

    Or sell the MK2 at a really cheap price to me :)

     

    Stew

  6. This conversion doesn't seem to want to die! I had the housing converted by someone on Wetpixels. When he returned the housing, I sold it without testing it on the Mark II. The new owner just contacted me to tell me the the camera fits and most of the controls work well BUT the line of buttons including the menu, info play back etc does not line up with the housing controls. The person who did the conversion has not responded to messages. I seen to remember seeing a photo somewhere on the forums with images of small back plastic button offset adapters. Has anyone any info regarding these offset buttons that may solve my problem.

    THANKS!

  7. FYI, I have now heard back from the person who did the conversion. I apparently missed the part where he posted that this particular row on buttons will not work with this mod. Looks like it's my bad.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.