Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition program

Started by ehanauer ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition program

5 posts
  1. The judges' decisions are in and the program has been set for the 2009 San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition September 11 and 12. To see which films have been selected, and to order tickets, click on www.sdufex.com.

  2. I hope you folks in California are headed for the Film exhibition this weekend. I had such a great time last year seeing all the work in such a wonderful venue. Work kept me away from last nights show but I'm driving over today so I can get at least catch one session. Hope to see some of you in San Diego tonight.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. The show last night was just wonderful and I am looking forward to going again tonight for a completely different showcase of films this evening. This is the 10th year of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival and as Eric Hanauer, last night's M.C., pointed out, the bar on the quality of films being shown has consistently been raised from year to year. The committee originally started with 4 organizers, Mary Lynn Price, Bob Gladden, Chuck Nicklen and myself. I resigned 2 years ago but the committee has now grown to 12 organizers who obviously put in a lot of work to make it a continued success. There is something very special about seeing your films projected in HD on a massive screen accompanied by an outstanding sound system in a beautiful hall in a sold out theater. Some excellent films by Mike Boom shot in Alaska, Eric Hanauer's film shot in Yap, and Bob Gladden's feature of burning lava under the water filmed in Hawaii was so very unique. Terry Mass's film, which also took honors in the Wet Pixel competition, was also exceptional. Mary Lynn Price's film shot in Antarctica showcased 500 ft visibility and the challenges of diving in such cold waters. Plus I loved seeing my own film on the Tiger Sharks arriving in the Cocos Islands and felt honored that it was chosen by the judges. It wasn't all serious stuff though as a new film maker, Cindy Lipthay, had the audience laughing from beginning to end with an animated camera on a walking tripod sneaking up on a nurse shark to take a picture.

    My congratulations to all the film makers whose films were chosen and to the hard working committee who give up of their time and energies for this non profit opportunity showcasing some of the best of the best.

     

    Steve Douglas

    Edited by steve
  4. Sounds like a great night Steve, shame it's not closer to pop over for the weekend.

  5. Right now I am sitting in the S.D. airport about to head home from the Film Exhibition. The organizers did a great job in putting this together and it was fun to see some WP members I have met before and meet some new ones.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.