is there any way of bypassing camera capture software and not using it?
Can I just load my images from my canon hf10 straight into my windows media files?
the software that came with camera is a pain as it has a small amateur editing suite on it and wont allow you to snip without going through it. I dont want to lose quality if my raw has to go through other programs just to get to my main editing program.
my old canon was easier - at least you could snip while downloading - so much for hard drive camera's.....
Why don't you just uninstall the software?
Why don't you just uninstall the software?
Before I installed the software I tried to capture it straight onto my windows laptop it didn't start anything automatic. I went into my computer and found the camera and the clips on it but when clicked they came up as windows media player clips but never played. i tried to copy them to desktop but they were mute clips.
I got told this on another site;
"well the HF10 records to AVCHD so even though you don't have to use Canon's software, you will have to either convert the files before throwing them into WMM or have an editing program compatible with AVCHD"
Is there a downloadbale program so I can convert files thus bypassing the annoying software?
I got told this on another site;
"well the HF10 records to AVCHD so even though you don't have to use Canon's software, you will have to either convert the files before throwing them into WMM or have an editing program compatible with AVCHD"
Is there a downloadbale program so I can convert files thus bypassing the annoying software?
Take a look at Media Coder to see if it will work. Also VLC may do it. I have not tried either of those yet to convert AVCHD (I have used VLC for other things and like it), but they are both free so worth a shot. MPEG Streamclip is another good tool to have in general, but not sure if it converts AVCHD yet. I have used MPEG Steamclip alot for other things though and worthwhile to have.
If you uninstall any application, simply dragging it to the trash is not enough. Many support files and caches are often created which can be difficult sometimes to find, but they have the ability to slow down your computer and create problems. Inexpensive applications like App Delete and App Zapper will find these files for you and make deleting both safer and simpler.
Steve
Ok Thanks, so is this what most of you guys do - convert the raw files without going through cheap software that comes witht eh cameras?