Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any way to fix lense scratches/abrasions?

Started by fuzz ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Any way to fix lense scratches/abrasions?

4 posts
  1. :):lol::)

     

    I was testing my macro(5050) out on my home aquarium & to my great disappoint, I found that the lense wasn't as recessed as I previously thought & now there's an abrasion spot in the very center of my lense!!!!!!! I guess the lense rubbed against the aquarium glass or acrylic.

     

     

    :(

     

    Is there any way to fix it?

  2. You and Eric both have done this now...I can't imagine doing it, but I have managed to scratch a UN lens worth a couple to three hundred bucks...maybe it won't affect the image. Take some pics and look for the scratch...

     

    --John

  3. I'm usually soooooooooo careful, but I thought the lense was recessed so that it wouldn't touch. :lol: I was wrong.

     

     

     

    What should I take a picture of to check for abnormalities? Light picture or dark?

  4. I dunno...I would try light myself. Put the scratch over a well-defined light spot and take a pic. Pull it up on the computer and zoom in on said spot. Just guesswork on my part...

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.