Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Foundry Rolling Shutter plugin

Started by Drew ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Foundry Rolling Shutter plugin

10 posts
  1. Just had a demo of the Foundry's Rolling Shutter Plug-in on After Effects CS4. Pretty good results for those must save shots ruined by CMOS skew. I haven't tried it on stuff like helicopter blades since I doubt it can compensate for that. It's not cheap at US$500 per licence but I'll let them softsell ya:

     

  2. $500.....

     

    I would hope that it made me tea and biscuits for that and maybe also fix the helicopter blade problem too ; )

     

    J

  3. YEH looks pretty neat but $500 US lol for a plugin filter?

  4. When you start developing software plug-ins which give professional results that can save a shot, $500 won't seem that expensive. There's nothing in the market right now for that for full res HD.

  5. Funny that people will spend $10,000 on hardware but balk at $500 for software.

  6. Funny that people will spend $10,000 on hardware but balk at $500 for software.

     

    Sort of ties into the value of IP in general, unless it is tangible (a car or camera for example) it is something that is not worth it or should just be used (photos, music, software). BTW, not saying anyone here is doing something like that, but it seems to be that thought process every time I have discussions with people who think photos, video, software, music etc are just there fr the taking.

     

    Sometimes software does seem pricey (and I do think some software is overpriced for what is being accomplished), but, but as Drew pointed out the first time a piece of software saves the proverbial bacon it is worth every penny.

  7. Sort of ties into the value of IP in general, unless it is tangible (a car or camera for example) it is something that is not worth it or should just be used (photos, music, software). BTW, not saying anyone here is doing something like that, but it seems to be that thought process every time I have discussions with people who think photos, video, software, music etc are just there fr the taking.

     

    Sometimes software does seem pricey (and I do think some software is overpriced for what is being accomplished), but, but as Drew pointed out the first time a piece of software saves the proverbial bacon it is worth every penny.

     

    Once again its down to 'needs' ... But as usual $500 means more to some than others...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. Once again its down to 'needs' ... But as usual $500 means more to some than others...

     

    Totally need driven. Would I spend $500 to save one shot I took at a family outing? No. If I found footage that was either not replaceable for whatever reason or the footage was going to be used for something that generated income and have the plug-in in the tool chest. Yes, no doubt.

  9. Totally need driven. Would I spend $500 to save one shot I took at a family outing? No. If I found footage that was either not replaceable for whatever reason or the footage was going to be used for something that generated income and have the plug-in in the tool chest. Yes, no doubt.

     

    Exactly... not just a family outing ... A dive trip... holiday video... etc... If you can justify the $500 then fine ... As i said some people cannot keep forking out on the latest software, hardware etc... If you can fair play to you and I hope your latest 'holiday'/ clients film is a whole lot better because of it... Otherwise let the production company worry about it :):)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  10. Otherwise let the production company worry about it :);)

     

    That is really passing the buck, as it were :P

     

    :)

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.