Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

İkelite Strobe problem d300 (it doesnt fire with the camera)

Started by mgokalp ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

İkelite Strobe problem d300 (it doesnt fire with the camera)

5 posts
  1. Hi There,

     

    I am an underwater photographer from Turkey and have been using an ikelite system since Febryary 2009 happily. I bought the system from U.S.

    I have a Nikon D300 camera SubStrobe DS160 both dome port and flat port for Nikon 105 macro lens.I have been using the setup for 7 months and I didnt have any problems before.

     

     

    My problem is:

     

    After I connected everything, the strobe didnt get any signal from the camera and didnt fire together with the camera. I was using the strobe all the time manually, camera in the manual mode. No bracketing, nothing that will interfere with the stobe functioning.

     

    I had the hotshoe connected (heard the click sound) in the forward mode. The sync cords are both connected and they are both tight. The strobe gives a steady light in the test mode and fully charged. The system never floaded I added the lubricants frequently always rinsed the system in my water bucket after dives never opened any connection while wet.

     

    I am doing a species book project and there is no serious ikelite maintanance people in Turkey if the problem continues that will cause me alot of time. You can view the database project pictures, in which I have around 250 species from mediterranean waters in my web page

     

    www.wetbluediary.com

     

     

    Please help me out with the problem. I need an urgent technical support

     

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Mert Gokalp

     

    +90 5377086534

     

    mert.gokalp@gmail.com

    Edited by mgokalp
  2. The most normal failure point is the cable. Is it possible you can borrow one to check it out.

  3. Hi- On my ikelite ai in the manual you can short out 2 of the pins to check to see if the strobe cable is ok or is it bad. If the strobe does not fire while touching the two pins or is erratic firing it is a bad cable. Check the manual.

  4. Unfortunately I am kind of in a remore location in the mediterranean town called Bodrum. I can probably only find a second hand cable from Istanbul or Ankara in Turkey.

  5. I 've seen the cause of the problem.

     

    The 5 wires inside the housing back that is attaching the black plastic and the pins inside are cut. While taking the sync cord out the black plastic came out with it. The wires inside the housing looks curled into each other. Most probably the black pin turned freely and made those wires curled and they got torn in time. The 5 wires are in place inside the plastic you can see them.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.