Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Can you see through PT-E05 viewfinder (Olympus E520)

Started by chphoto ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Can you see through PT-E05 viewfinder (Olympus E520)

3 posts
  1. I got the PT-E05 housing for E520 yesterday. Of course, in terms of quality it beats using Ewa-marine or similar bags. Controls are nice and easy to use.

     

    But the viewfinder concerns me. When I dive I use free-diving, low volume mask. It sits close the face and gives me a good angle of view. Despite the fact that I think it is pretty good mask for underwater photography, I still had some problems using viewfinder of D2H in a bag. But it seems like it is even worse with PT-E05. People who have Olympus housing, is it a problem when you dive? Of course, Live View is too slow to focus to be useful.

     

    Thanks,

    Eugene

  2. Eugene - Takes a little getting used too but I manage okay. The viewfinder is smaller than most other cameras in its class but it is bright enough to see what you need too.

  3. Yeah, it's a tad small, but I got used to it. You have to just work with the center of your composition and not worry too much about the edges. A focus light helps a lot.

     

    Jack

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.