Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What lenses are you using (WAL / ML) ?

Started by bearaway ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

What lenses are you using (WAL / ML) ?

8 posts
  1. While in Singapore I'm shopping for lenses.

     

    Thanks to Blue Wave Sports, I was able to test this morning the Epoque lenses. (on land)

     

    For the Epoque DCL20, I have vignetting with my C4000Z and I need to zoom a little thus making the wide angle not so wide. Note that it does not appear with a C2020Z (or was it the C2040Z ?).

     

    For the Epoque DML2, I found it difficult to find the focus point, the image does not appear as sharp as without the lens and the colors looked somewhat washed out.

     

    I was recommended by some folks in an online shop that they would not recommend the Epoque one for the Olympus (67mm) as they were made for their housing (58mm size) but I'm not really sure of what they mean here.

     

    I'm on my way to test the Sea & Sea WAL and 3T macro + adapter if possible.

     

    I did not find any shop here with a UN or INON lens.

    Basically the lenses I'm looking to shop are:

     

    INON UWL-100, UN PWC-01, S&S WAL, Epoque DCL20

    INON UCL-330, INON UCL-165, UN PCU-01, Epoque DML2

     

    Any user experience with those lenses (good or bad) would be very welcome.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Stephane

  2. Re WAL, your choices are INON, Olympus, and Sea & Sea. I have an INON WAL and am very happy with it. It has the advantage that you can add a dome port if you want to.

     

    For more information on the equipment I have and my reasons for having it, see the following URL.

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...ipment_5050.htm

  3. INON would have been my choice as well but availability is a problem.

  4. Yeah, I am in Japan looking for a UWL-100 and Dome Port. I got a good price, but unfortunately the UWL-100 is on backorder at Inon...so if you need it now, you might not find many deals on it...although, I do like my UN WAL. It's great, but the Inon has the Dome Port optional add-on...

  5. I have the INON UWL-100 and I am very happy with the results. I just got back from a live aboard trip off the Channel Islands in CA and the results with the lense were great. I recommend INON, although I have nothing to compare it to.

  6. Hi Bearaway

     

    I use the Epoque DML-2 macro lens on my Ikelite housing (Canon G2).

    I was quite concerned first when I tried it on land, because I had some focusing problems as well... but that's normal !! Just because you need water between your housing port and the lens ! Water is part of the optical system !!

    I've got vignetting also, so I need to zoom in to get rid of it, but all in all, I am quite satisfied with this lens. Given the very short depth of field, getting sharp pics is a real challenge... but when everything is under control, the result can be great. Here are 2 examples :

     

    This nudi is smaller than a finger nail :

    http://2a2b.free.fr/html/2a2b%20Sulawesi__006_0004.htm

     

    This harlequin shrimp was always moving (a nightmare... 15 shots to get that one !!)

    http://2a2b.free.fr/html/2a2b%20Sulawesi__003_0002.htm

  7. great pics!!

  8. Thanks for the replies.

    I have ordered the INON WAL and UN Macro lens from uwdigitalcamera.com, hope to have them soon.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.