Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need a recommendation...

Started by saturnkk ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Need a recommendation...

2 posts
  1. I have a Rebel Xt (350D) that I want to outfit for underwater photography. I dive mainly between 30' and 130'. I am not sure what I want to shoot just yet so a cas that will allow me different lenses would be best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

     

    1. What is the best for price that will allow the widest range of lenses and at least 100' depth?

    2. What is the best case that might have limitations but is inexpensive (e.g. has depth limits that are shallow like 30-40' or onlyallow certain lenses)?

     

    Also, what are the best strobes for the money?

     

     

    Thanks!!!

  2. that's quite a big general question. there is tons of info in the forums if you do some searches.

     

    ikelite is likely the best inexpensive housing, bang for your buck. if you wanna go even cheaper get an ewa marine housing, but its usefulness is very limited, and its a plastic bag. for strobes, look for used Nikonos SB-105's they're still great strobes and sell quite cheap these days i believe. cheers,

     

    chris

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.