Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

It's Your Fault! (Tokina 10-17)

Started by Elainew ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

It's Your Fault! (Tokina 10-17)

7 posts
  1. I've seen and read so much about this lens on Wetpixel, that I've now bought one. Oh, and, of course, the dome port. As my granny used to say, "poor but happy". Won't be in the water till the weekend but looking forward to experimenting.

  2. And now you come to the conclusion that it is actually a terrible lens. We never mention this because this will decrease the secondhand market value of this lens... So join the club ;)

     

    You will not have any regrets with this lens. It is by far my most favourite underwaterlens.

  3. I am going to be housing my 5D Mk2 soon and my only hesitation is I will no longer be able to use this lens. It really is the best UW lens out there IMHO. So long my old friend!!! ;)

  4. I am going to be housing my 5D Mk2 soon and my only hesitation is I will no longer be able to use this lens. It really is the best UW lens out there IMHO. So long my old friend!!! ;)

     

    Don't do that yet ... the Tokina 10-17 will cover FF at around 15mm. Setup and shoot some test shots to see if the corner sharpness are up to par.

     

    I hope they are, cause I have one also and would like to continue using it after I've gone FX.

  5. Have fun. I was very skeptical of all the praise heaped upon this lens. It's my nature.

     

    I finally bought one. It has become the only wide angle lens I use. I decided I was done with ports, extensions and lenses. It was up to me to make a beautiful image.

  6. Don't do that yet ... the Tokina 10-17 will cover FF at around 15mm. Setup and shoot some test shots to see if the corner sharpness are up to par.

     

    I hope they are, cause I have one also and would like to continue using it after I've gone FX.

     

    Thanks for that I will give it a try. Hopefully the corner sharpness is there.

  7. The only problem sounds like I will have no excuse for rubbish photos! Pressure. Am going to have a look at the dome port tonight and have a practice with the lens.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.