I have fallen into the deep dark hole of IP, FTP, HTML and I am finally setting up a website for my images. This is a HUGE undertaking for me which I have put off forever because I am a tech-idiot so I apologize for the following questions.
I am completely confused by the term "watermarking" but know I need to protect my images before they appear on my site. So, do I put my name (or logo) on the image in Photoshop (can't someone just take that off if they really want to?). I find that REALLY annoying when I'm looking at someone's gallery. What about invisible watermarks? What does that mean and how does it protect me? I know how to put the copyright info in the meta data but is that going to stop a thief? I think not. The images in the galleries are 717x475 at 100dpi.
If you are so kind to reply to my question, please dumb it down like you're talking to your great Granny, not a six year old. Kids get this. I don't!
Karen