Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Intel X25-M Gen 2 80GB Internal SSD

Started by james ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Intel X25-M Gen 2 80GB Internal SSD

9 posts
  1. If y'all are looking to put an SSD into your computer I just ran across a killer deal - so I decided to try one:

     

    "Intel X25-M 80GB Internal SSD Drive Generation 2 (Faster, Longer Lasting, Cheaper) $230.84

     

    ToshibaDirect has the Generation 2 Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5" Internal SATA Solid State Flash Drive (Hard Drive Replacement) for $230.99 after Coupon Code: 5OFF4BTS (Exp 8/31). $6.25 Shipping. Tax in most.

     

    After the jump, search for item #: SSDSA2MH080G2R5 for the 80GB version."

     

    These guys have the Gen 2 drives, but for some reason they charge sales tax in most states. That was canceled out by the coupon but it's worth mentioning...

  2. That's interesting ... I'm spec'in out a new desktop machine ...

     

    What do you think about installing one of these for use as a permanent scratch drive for Photoshop?

  3. scratch disk? I'd make that baby my system HDD!

     

    nice price, especially considering this is the 2nd generation version ;)

  4. Eric is the only person I know who has used these - I don't have any experience. I think it would work well as a scratch disk for photoshop and also for swap files.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I've had one of these on my wish list for quite a while - I've been waiting for the price to drop. You had me excited for a moment but upon closer inspection, I can not say that the ToshibaDirect price is that exciting.

     

    After tax shipping it comes to:

     

    ToshibaDirect: $253.69

    Newegg: $255.98

    Edited by acroporas
  6. I love the Intel X25-M series. Nothing bad to say about them.

  7. Yeah, paying sales tax sucks :-)

     

    Does newegg have the Gen 2 drive for sale? I didn't see it when I looked last week.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. They look to be out of stock at the moment, but they were in stock yesterday when I looked up the price to compare....

  9. Well if I was as demanding as Eric I'd get two and put the second one in my drive bay ang go w/ RAID0.

     

    But I can't think that fast....

     

    Cheers

    James

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.