Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which gear sleeve for Nikon D300 w/ Nikon 18-105mm lens in Ikelite housing

Started by MCRLTER ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Which gear sleeve for Nikon D300 w/ Nikon 18-105mm lens in Ikelite housing

5 posts
  1. Hi Folks -

     

    Just got a new set-up, Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 18-105 lens, Ikelite housing for the D300 and Ikelite DS-160 strobes. Problem is, I can't seem to get the gear sleeve to accept the 18-105 lens. I'm using the Ikelite 5509.28 sleeve and the 5503.90 dome port. When I attach the guide ring to the lens, it seems to be just a bit too big for the sleeve. Does anyone know if I should be using a different gear sleeve? Thanks in advance.

     

    Andy

  2. Hi Folks -

     

    Just got a new set-up, Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 18-105 lens, Ikelite housing for the D300 and Ikelite DS-160 strobes. Problem is, I can't seem to get the gear sleeve to accept the 18-105 lens. I'm using the Ikelite 5509.28 sleeve and the 5503.90 dome port. When I attach the guide ring to the lens, it seems to be just a bit too big for the sleeve. Does anyone know if I should be using a different gear sleeve? Thanks in advance.

     

    Andy

     

    I can't help you Andy. But, I can tell you of my experience. I made an order with a reputable dealer and when it arrived, one of my gears was too short. As the set-up was new to me, I tried over and over to make it work. Turns out they simply sent the wrong gear. I had to go back to the website and found the error. No biggy, a new one on the way.

     

    I hope your fix is as simple as mine! Good luck.

  3. I can't help you Andy. But, I can tell you of my experience. I made an order with a reputable dealer and when it arrived, one of my gears was too short. As the set-up was new to me, I tried over and over to make it work. Turns out they simply sent the wrong gear. I had to go back to the website and found the error. No biggy, a new one on the way.

     

    I hope your fix is as simple as mine! Good luck.

     

    Hi Andy,

     

    You need the special zoom ring for the 18-105mm lens, Part number is #5509.18

     

    regards

    Nick

  4. Hi Andy,

     

    You need the special zoom ring for the 18-105mm lens, Part number is #5509.18

     

    regards

    Nick

     

    just re-read your message:

     

    Are you using the 6" dome port? if so, #5503.90 is not the correct dome for the 18-105mm lens, you need #5503.82 dome

     

    have a look at the port chart here: http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2port_nikon.html

     

    regards

    Nick

  5. sorry i am not very clear about this either

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.