Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Focus Gear

Started by Augusto_Valente ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Focus Gear

7 posts
  1. Hi all.

     

    Have you ever seen, or bought, a similar focus gear for Nikon 105 VR called F.I.T.? It's to use on S&S housing.

     

    I have a friend that want to buy one of this, but I can't find anything about it.

     

     

    Thanks

     

     

    Augusto Valente

  2. I had one on my old Sigma 10-20. :D

    I bought it at Fun In.

     

    Good Luck!!!

    PS: Nice camera/housing... ;)

  3. Thanks.

     

    Do you know the FIT's website? I'm looking for but I did not found...

     

    Regards

  4. Do you know the FIT's website? I'm looking for but I did not found...

    Just pass your mouse over the word "Fun-In" in my previous message... ;)

  5. I bought one from Divervision http://www.divervision.com/catalog/advance...p;x=13&y=11 and the delivery to California was very quick. Good to get a few things you might need at the same time to make the International shipping pay for itself.

     

    It did not come with instructions so you might think it doesn't fit at first. The rubber on the front barrel section of the 105vr needs to be removed for the F.I.T. ring to work. No big deal once you figure that out.

     

    Steve

     

     

     

     

    Hi all.

     

    Have you ever seen, or bought, a similar focus gear for Nikon 105 VR called F.I.T.? It's to use on S&S housing.

     

    I have a friend that want to buy one of this, but I can't find anything about it.

     

     

    Thanks

     

     

    Augusto Valente

  6. I bought one from Divervision http://www.divervision.com/catalog/advance...p;x=13&y=11 and the delivery to California was very quick. Good to get a few things you might need at the same time to make the International shipping pay for itself.

     

    It did not come with instructions so you might think it doesn't fit at first. The rubber on the front barrel section of the 105vr needs to be removed for the F.I.T. ring to work. No big deal once you figure that out.

     

    Steve

     

     

    Hunnn.. so, I have to remove the rubber that I use to do manual focus on 105 VR and put the other that came with F.I.T? That is it?

     

    regards

  7. Yes, but it comes off pretty easy, kind of like a giant o-ring. It can be replaced when you are not using the lens in the housing. The FIT part is plastic and has a short rubber o-ring like peace for friction between the 2 gear sections.

    Steve

     

    Hunnn.. so, I have to remove the rubber that I use to do manual focus on 105 VR and put the other that came with F.I.T? That is it?

     

    regards

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.