Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G9 control dial workaround?

Started by nputtick ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G9 control dial workaround?

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    using a G9 in the Canon DC-21 U/W housing there is no way provided to rotate the rear control wheel. As a result certain controls cannot be used, except by pre-setting.

     

    the two that really bother me are:

    1. f-stop setting in Av mode

    2. +/- exposure compensation

     

    Does anyone know if there is a button-press workaround for these?

     

    I know I can set C1, C2 (for example to use a predetermined f5.6 and f8 in Av mode) but this is pretty restrictive giving just two choices.

     

    Thanks

    Nigel

    Edited by nputtick
  2. Not true ...

     

    Press and hold the * button on the upper left and then 'spin' by using 'left' and 'right' on the d-pad.

  3. Thanks Jeremy - indeed that is what I've just found on Scubaboard - here;

     

    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-cor...tml#post4667214

     

    However it's not the * button - the top left one is marked S (and can also be used on its own for a custom action)

     

    This is really useful info and I hope of value to anyone having the same issue with the G9 or G10 (and possibly G11?)

     

    It doesnt' seem to be in the manual for the G9 or the WP-DC21 - it should be!

     

    Needless to say I'm really glad to have found this after weeks of searching and just about to go to the Red Sea... ;)

     

    Nigel

    Edited by nputtick
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.