Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What next for Aquatica housings?

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

What next for Aquatica housings?

7 posts
  1. I talked to Blake about what was in the pipeline now that the S2 housings are starting to ship. Expect a Nikon CP5400 in the near future, but as to DSLR's nothing is on the drawing board as of yet. I gave him my opinion, which I will keep to myself for now. What say you?

     

    I know I may have asked this before, but that was a long time ago in the digital scheme of things.

  2. To date, Aquatica have "resisted" starting a housing line for Canon cameras. Is this a good or a bad move on their part? It's hard to say. Because they concentrate on Nikon, they have more time to devote to their housings which allowed them to get out a "suite" of housings for the S2 and the D100 at a great cost in a timely manner.

     

    What would have happened if they'd sunk that time into developing a D60 housing, only for Canon to discontinue the camera before even filling backorders??? ;-)

     

    From what I understand, Nikon DOES have a "prosumer" DSLR in engineering now to "compete" with Canon's 300d. Canon just announced before Nikon....

     

    Perhaps this is what they should concentrate on next? Or the D2x when it is announced?

     

    Only now has Nikon gotten their sensor design and fab up to speed and in the black. I think their line of LBcast sensors is excellent and will certainly offer impressive performance. I would even go so far as to say I think their new cameras will be a discreet improvement over what they make now - as opposed to just an incremental improvement - like we're seeing from Canon. Think 11 stops of dynamic range...

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I'm interested in their CP5400 housing...

     

    Any insight?

     

    I know others have had problems with the lens...

  4. I think the Kodak 14n will be the next major investment for Aquatica - They are a Nikon company are they not, cant do Canon :lol:

  5. Hi Bob,

     

    I know Blake from Aquatica follows the bulletin board here at Wetpixel. Heck, sometime maybe he'll post :-)

     

    I don't think they aren't affiliated with Nikon anymore.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. I think the past owners were affiliated with Nikon but I think Blake and company are not necessarily limited only to Nikon. Although, they may decide from a business standpoint to stay with the Nikon line.

  7. I think the Kodak 14n will be the next major investment for Aquatica - They are a Nikon company are they not, cant do Canon :lol:

    Interesting. I think the 14n may make a very interesting underwater camera but figured its popularity would hold it back. If Aquatica houses one it may be worth consideration. If they wait too long the D2x and D100 replacement may dilute the interest.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.