Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

As beginner of a question as it gets - attaching strobe to housing

Started by andrejs ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

As beginner of a question as it gets - attaching strobe to housing

3 posts
  1. Sorry if this is a very newb question, but I have tried searching without much luck... I have the Subal D10 housing, and just recently bought an older Ikelite 225 strobe with a single arm. My question is - how the heck do I get the two to attach? I've searched for adaptor plates or some device in that category, but didn't find anything. Any advice is appreciated! I've attached a couple photos for reference. Thanks in advance!

     

     

    post-23702-1251962080.jpg

     

    post-23702-1251962092.jpg

  2. The Subal housing is not made to be compatible with the older Ikelite strobe handles. It looks like you are trying to cut costs, so you might try just drilling another hold in the mount and screw it right onto your housing.

     

    I wouldn't recommend that though. I'd recommend getting some ULCS or TLC dovetail brackets and mounting those on your housing. Then you can use the ULCS (Ultralight) strobe arms and mounts, or the TLC arms and mounts.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thanks James I'll try those options. Until I can save up for a decent setup, I'll be using this :wacko:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.