Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 50D users

Started by Phil Rudin ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 50D users

4 posts
  1. Does anyone know if the 50D built-in flash (on board flash) can be set in some way to fire in manual, I.E full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc.

     

    Phil Rudin

  2. Not that I am aware of.

     

    I shoot 20D and 40D and 50D.

  3. Does anyone know if the 50D built-in flash (on board flash) can be set in some way to fire in manual, I.E full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc.

     

    Phil Rudin

     

    Not sure if the Flash Exposure Compensation (page 109 of PDF) would help do what you need?

  4. Thanks,

     

    Exposure compensation will not resolve the problem which is to fire a manual strobe with fiber optics which will not fire with a strobe working in TTL. The on board strobe needs to fire in a manual setting.

     

    Phil

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.