Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

First experience with CameraShield has been bad

Started by CharlesWaters ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

First experience with CameraShield has been bad

2 posts
  1. I saw a message on WetPixel a few weeks ago about the CameraShield housing. This is an ultra-inexpensive housing that provides very basic controls (shutter only) for a wide variety of cameras both digital and film. The concept is simple; make a generic sized box. Allow some basic manipulation of the shutter control. Provide a mechanism for stabilizing the camera inside the box (foam) and sell it cheap.

     

    I found a vendor in California that I must say was first rate. The name of the outfit is Fuerte Cases (http://www.fuertecases.com/). CameraShield packages the enclosure in two ways; 1 with the case only and 1 with a cheap film camera included. I didn't need the film camera and Fuerte didn't have any of the enclosure only cases in stock, so they very nicely removed the film camera and sold me the case at the case only price. They communicated well with lots of e-mail and explainations.

     

    The case came in 2 days and looks to be a fine enclosure for the budget concious divers out there. Here's where the problems start. According to CameraShields web page, the Kodak DC3400 is one of the digicams that will fit in the enclosure. (http://www.camerashield.com/features.html). Well, it doesn't. I e-mailed CameraShield to tell them that their web page was in error and to see if they could recommend anything, or at least just tell me they were sorry that I had a problem. 3 e-mails later, I have yet to receive a response.

     

    I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be an okay enclosure for someone with a camera that fits, but the Kodak DC3400 won't. :lol: and CameraShields customer service doesn't appear to be very good.

     

    Fuerte cases is great and I would gladly purchase from them again.

  2. Whoops. Posted to wrong forum. Should be in the digicam forum.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.