Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Use for old wetsuit

Started by DiverPam ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Use for old wetsuit

5 posts
  1. Problem...needed something to pad my dome and flat ports when getting out of the water as well as needing a port cover for the back. Seeing how I just spent so much on my new camera and housing.

     

    Solution...I have an older wetsuit that is out of commission. I cut out the sleeves and legs and used these for my padding. I slid my dome into the pant leg and it works as extra padding in my gear bag and as a port cover, and then I have one I can carry in my BC pocket and slide on before I hand up my camera to the boat staff.

     

    For now...that will have to do until I have a few more dollars. I will let you know how well it works. Diving next week in the Keys.

     

    DiverPam

  2. Problem...needed something to pad my dome and flat ports when getting out of the water as well as needing a port cover for the back. Seeing how I just spent so much on my new camera and housing.

     

    Solution...I have an older wetsuit that is out of commission. I cut out the sleeves and legs and used these for my padding. I slid my dome into the pant leg and it works as extra padding in my gear bag and as a port cover, and then I have one I can carry in my BC pocket and slide on before I hand up my camera to the boat staff.

     

    For now...that will have to do until I have a few more dollars. I will let you know how well it works. Diving next week in the Keys.

     

    DiverPam

     

    Good idea. I am so nervous about checking my dome and not carrying it on board.

  3. Good idea. I am so nervous about checking my dome and not carrying it on board.

     

    I was too. It worked great for padding for packing. I slide the dome down one of the cut off legs from my old wetsuit and wrapped it up. I used my idea all last week while in the Keys. It worked great.

     

    It was an added bonus in the camera bucket - did not have to worry about getting my dome or port scratched up by other equipment. The dive staff was great and would take off my homemade neoprene cover as they handed my camera down to me and then would store it away while I was diving. They would put it back on for me as they took the camera from me. I also can slide it into my BC pocket if I want and put it on myself before I hand it off to the boat staff. I just asked them nicely to help me out and they did.

     

    Good luck - DiverPam

  4. I just asked them nicely to help me out and they did.

    All to often we forget, a bit of courtesy and respect goes a long way. Well done with this and the creativity.

  5. All to often we forget, a bit of courtesy and respect goes a long way. Well done with this and the creativity.

     

     

    nice tips ;)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.