Ok so here's what I know.
Extenders - make objects appear closer to you, some light lost and image quality deteriorated. Not cheap eiteher. But they will turn an 100mm into a 160 or 200mm quite easily and they also mount at the lense base so will fit all lenses and bodies !!
Diopters - makes you able to get closer to objects by lowering minimum focal distance, not bad on quality loss as long as you pay a bit extra for a good one, also fairly small and light weight most fit in existing ports and can travel easily.
Wet Lenses - great if all you are concerned about it underwater and a bit of flexibility while diving on your set up. Yes some are better than others again you get what you pay for.
I will be wanting to use mine on land too .. so I am looking mostly at a diopter, the thing is .. i can't work out why someone would use an extender, it is obviously not for macro work in my mind. It is obviously to double up your zoom power?
Anyone else got a reason why you would want a extender over a whole new lens? are they any good for macro ? I am guessing they wont get into a housing easily??
any experiences or information? I am looking to be able to use on land and water and mostly only for macro. Diopters are the way to go?