Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 150 Macro In Subal

Started by gregarius ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 150 Macro In Subal

6 posts
  1. I have a Sigma 150 Macro that I'd like to use in a Subal 5D. I have the FP-90/3 port but am not sure about which extension to use. I've asked Backscatter and a couple other places and they don't know.

     

    Anyone using this setup or something similar?

     

    Can I just measure the difference between the 100 macro and the 150 and use something close, something that doesn't see the outer area of the port?

     

    Help appreciated.

  2. I have a Sigma 150 Macro that I'd like to use in a Subal 5D. I have the FP-90/3 port but am not sure about which extension to use. I've asked Backscatter and a couple other places and they don't know.

     

    Anyone using this setup or something similar?

     

    Can I just measure the difference between the 100 macro and the 150 and use something close, something that doesn't see the outer area of the port?

     

    Help appreciated.

    If you believe the sizes quoted by the manufacturer, the sigma 150 is 17 mm longer than the canon. There are both 18 and 20 mm extension rings for subal

    Bill

  3. If you are going to house the Sigma 150mm do make sure that you leave room in the port for a Canon 500D dioptre. I would say I fit the Canon 500D to the Sigma 150mm in 9 dives out of 10. The dioptre is surprisingly thick - about 15mm.

     

    I use a standard Subal 100/105mm port with small extension ring (guessing 18mm).

     

    Alex

  4. If you are going to house the Sigma 150mm do make sure that you leave room in the port for a Canon 500D dioptre. I would say I fit the Canon 500D to the Sigma 150mm in 9 dives out of 10. The dioptre is surprisingly thick - about 15mm.

     

    I use a standard Subal 100/105mm port with small extension ring (guessing 18mm).

     

    Alex

     

     

    Thanks guys.

     

    Alex, do you know what the minimum focus distance is with the 150, using the 500D?

  5. Alex, do you know what the minimum focus distance is with the 150, using the 500D?

     

    No, sorry. But this was shot with it. This is the full frame, uncropped - Sigma 150mm and 500D:

    MK03.jpg

     

    Alex

  6. No, sorry. But this was shot with it. This is the full frame, uncropped - Sigma 150mm and 500D:

    MK03.jpg

     

    Alex

     

     

    Thanks for posting, Alex.

     

    I have a Macromate. How would using the Macromate with the 150 macro differ from using the 500D on the 150 macro?

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.