Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Challenge: Which housing will work with Casio FC100?

Started by willhou ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Challenge: Which housing will work with Casio FC100?

3 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I am trying to find a housing for a high speed camera like Casio EX FC100 (if I get my wish, it would be the EX F1 I already bought but the world aint perfect so I aint complaining). Other than those plastic ziplock bags, I don't see anything. I looked around and saw some housings that might fit FC100's dimensions, which is 3.92x2.3x0.9" (see http://www.casio.com/products/Cameras/High_Speed_EXILIM/EX-FC100BK/).

     

    Any suggestions? I am looking at possibly the housing by Ikelite for Nikon S630 or Canon SD970. Or housing made by Canon for Canon S80 (WP-DC1), or A650 (WP-DC18), just by these cameras' dimensions. How will I know if the lens will line up correctly (without buying one)?

     

    I've called Casio, Ikelite and local shops which all led me nowhere.

     

    Much appreciated!

     

    Will

  2. Yes, I'm trying to find the same. Great camera, but I'm a little nervous using the bag cases.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Sean.

     

    Hi guys,

     

    I am trying to find a housing for a high speed camera like Casio EX FC100 (if I get my wish, it would be the EX F1 I already bought but the world aint perfect so I aint complaining). Other than those plastic ziplock bags, I don't see anything. I looked around and saw some housings that might fit FC100's dimensions, which is 3.92x2.3x0.9" (see http://www.casio.com/products/Cameras/High_Speed_EXILIM/EX-FC100BK/).

     

    Any suggestions? I am looking at possibly the housing by Ikelite for Nikon S630 or Canon SD970. Or housing made by Canon for Canon S80 (WP-DC1), or A650 (WP-DC18), just by these cameras' dimensions. How will I know if the lens will line up correctly (without buying one)?

     

    I've called Casio, Ikelite and local shops which all led me nowhere.

     

    Much appreciated!

     

    Will

  3. Fraid you are out of luck on casios. No one make housings.

     

    You can look up every camera and see if there is a housing, over at digideep.

     

    http://www.digideep.com/english/digital/ph...X-FC100/8/4025/

     

    Nothing for yours.

     

    Using a housing for a different camera of same approximate size would be unlikely to be very satisfactory. Controls just won't line up.

     

    Better off getting a different camera, I am afraid.

     

    I see ikelite does have housings for panasonics now, which is a first. So you might want to look at one of those.

     

    Otherwise you might want to pick a digicam where the manuracturer also makes a housing, as that ends up being much cheaper, there days.

     

    An alternative, if you are happy with only 30 feet or so depth, is the pany ts2 or canon d10, which are inherently waterproof, without housing.

     

    HTH

    D

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.