I received this today via Flickr ... has anyone else gotten anything similar?
I'm inclined to believe this is as it seems and give him the permission he seeks. Am I missing something?
Dear Jeremy,
I'm XXXXXX, a member of Flickr using the nickname
«xxxxxxx». I'm a divemaster and a deep lover of the
sea, living in XXXXXX (Spain). Congratulations for your
excellent and interesting work at Flickr!
I began to build a personal blog about the sea world. It's
URL is: xxxxxxxxxxx, I'm trying to make a
reference to all the seas over the world there, linking
great photographer’s albums inside the Flickr’s
community, related to the sea and its topics: diving,
biology, history, environment, or underwater archaeology.
I'm building a sort of 'Universal Underwater Atlas',
including references to remotes places I'll never be able to
go.
It would be a pleasure for me to create a direct link to
your albums for people to rejoice and
admire your work. I would like to access to the html code.
In this way, I'll be able to make a nicer introduction to
your album than using a simple link inside the text, just as
you can see for the other underwater photographers. In order
to this you could add me as a contact at Flickr, if you
don't mind. By this way, and introducing, if necessary, some
changes into your Flickr profile I’ll get what pretended:
You (then, go to the bottom of the page)>Your
account>Privacy and Permits>Who can blog your stuff>edit:
'You and any or your contacts', or (if you add me as a
‘friend’) ‘You and your friends’.
The post concerning your work at the blog will include a
reference to your copyright. There's also a generic legal
notice about copyright in the body of the blog. In the other
hand, there’s no commercial interest on the site.
I would like to get your permit for this, and I would be
very pleasant if you let me this links. I’ll make a credit
to your work, including, if you want, the information you
wish to publish in order to illustrate what you consider
relevant in the photo showings.
Posts use to be published in Spanish language. However,
considering the bad quality of the ‘computer
translation’ included as a tool in the blog, I’ll be
very pleasant sending to you a translation into English
–my rusty English- if you like.
Thank you so much for your attention. I hope the blog will
be of your liking.
My best regards for you, and congratulations again for the
quality of your works.