Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Athena port for 9-18mm question...

Started by Seriola ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Athena port for 9-18mm question...

3 posts
  1. Hey Olympus users, does anyone have both of these domes? They appear to be the same size, 100mm, I already own the OPD-SZ14-42 Dome so I'm wondering if these are just the same dome but with a different inner diameter to accommodate the fatter lens(9-18)? I already had to grind away at this plastic ID rim to fit my older 14-45, so I'm thinking I could just completely remove it and be able to use the 9-18mm in it...

     

    Does this sound like a bad mod? ;)

     

    Thanks!

    Wyatt

    Edited by Seriola
  2. Hi Wyatt,

     

    The Athena 9 to 18 dome port has the same dome glass but the port is shorter.

     

    The 9 to 18 will vignette in the 14 to 42 dome port at the wider end of the lens.

     

    Phil Rudin

     

    http://www.sfups.org/Galleries/PhilRudin/index.html

  3. Thanks Phil, well I might as well go with the 170mm dome then, sounds like folks really like it with the 9-18....

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.