Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G9

Started by Bigbadbry ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G9

3 posts
  1. I would very much like to ask a question with regard to my camera, which is a Canon G9. Will the g9 fit and operate in the ikelite g7 housing??. According to ikelite these two housings(G7 & G9) share the same part No. Any answers pls.....oh i forgot that the G7 housing by ikelite is now discontinued.

    many thanks....

    Edited by Bigbadbry
  2. I would very much like to ask a question with regard to my camera, which is a Canon G9. Will the g9 fit and operate in the ikelite g7 housing??. According to ikelite these two housings(G7 & G9) share the same part No. Any answers pls.....oh i forgot that the G7 housing by ikelite is now discontinued.

    many thanks....

     

    Ask Ikelite, they will give you a straight answer.

  3. It will fit and the shutter activation button will work and the image review button will work. No other controls work and you will not get ttl, but stobes will work manually.

     

    I hade a g7 and ikelite housing and when I got the g9 I gave it a test. It will work if all you want to do is set it on auto and snap pictures.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.