Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Software for HDR Photography

Started by Kaikala ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Software for HDR Photography

6 posts
  1. Hi All

    My question is not really underwater related, but I am sure you also take pictures above the sea;-)

    I am looking into buying a software for HDR photography and panoramic photography. Does anybody have experience with Photomatix, Lightzone or other software for HDR?

    Any other recommendations?

    Thanks a lot for some views and infos on that topic!

    Barbara

  2. Hi All

    My question is not really underwater related, but I am sure you also take pictures above the sea;-)

    I am looking into buying a software for HDR photography and panoramic photography. Does anybody have experience with Photomatix, Lightzone or other software for HDR?

    Any other recommendations?

    Thanks a lot for some views and infos on that topic!

    Barbara

     

     

    I use Photomatix and Photoshop and pretty happy with both. There have been some good discussions on HDR around here, inlcuding underwater, recommendations of books, techniques

     

    Some Threads

  3. Hi Barbara

    I use Photomatix Pro 3 and Panorama Maker 4 Pro. Both programs are easy to use, and give good results.

    Mike

  4. Photomatix and PS get my vote too ;)

  5. Hugin is a great free program for creating panoramas, and you can create them in HDR too

     

    http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

     

    [Disclaimer: I am one of the developers]

     

    For tonemapping try this:

     

    http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html

     

    The demo is fully functional - it just puts a watermark at the bottom of the image, so if you edit your image to put some space there then you can crop it off afterwards. Not expensive though so I recommend you buy it if you like it.

  6. I use Photomatix as well. I looked into a few other programs before, and also read two books on HDR, and that seemed to be the best all around software.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.