Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Underwater Loudspeakers

Started by loftus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Loudspeakers

5 posts
  1. Anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, underwater loudspeaker systems?

    I'm looking to set up a sound system for my pool shoots. I have Googled the subject, just want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge abut any systems.

  2. I was on a set where they used speaker systems to communicate to the in-water crew and cast. I think the brand was Chubble or Blubble or something. The director used it to talk to the UW camera and actors. Seemed to work well. I only remember it because of the running joke about the trouble-Blubble speaker and how there was no silence anymore. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

     

    Edit: It's called Lubell. I was close ;)

    Edited by Drew
  3. I was on a set where they used speaker systems to communicate to the in-water crew and cast. I think the brand was Chubble or Blubble or something. The director used it to talk to the UW camera and actors. Seemed to work well. I only remember it because of the running joke about the trouble-Blubble speaker and how there was no silence anymore. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

     

    Edit: It's called Lubell. I was close ;)

     

    Thanks, yes I saw that on my search. How was the fidelity; think music would sound reasonable?

  4. I have made several dives with, http://www.floridawestscuba.com/ they use a speaker system on their boat to recall or redirect divers on shark tooth dives. The system seemed to work very well and I was able to clearly hear the captain when he used the system while several hundred feet from the boat and twenty-five feet below. You may want to send them an e-mail about the system.

     

    Phil Rudin

  5. Thanks for that Phil; I called the guys that they suggested and it seems they are out of business as the phone numbers are no longer in service. I ordered a speaker from the Lubell guys, I'll report back how it works out.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.