Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Test Shots

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Test Shots

8 posts
  1. Don't know if anyone caught the Canon PowerShot S90 tet images on DP Review

     

    Definately an interesting little camera. Too bad no HD video ;)

     

    Test Images

  2. Don't know if anyone caught the Canon PowerShot S90 tet images on DP Review

     

    Definately an interesting little camera. Too bad no HD video ;)

     

    Test Images

    Looks interesting.

     

    Still not available on Amazon, and probably not elsewhere. I look forward to seeing it released... and to finding out if Ikelite will make a housing for it!

     

    Great review here: http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/s90.htm

     

    I'd disappointed no HD video also, but I can live with that if the camera itself is as good as initial reports are indicating.

    Edited by CompuDude
  3. Looks interesting.

     

    Still not available on Amazon, and probably not elsewhere. I look forward to seeing it released... and to finding out if Ikelite will make a housing for it!

     

    Great review here: http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/s90.htm

     

    I'd disappointed no HD video also, but I can live with that if the camera itself is as good as initial reports are indicating.

     

    Hmm, interesting little pocket rocket. I wonder about the shutter lag. Canon has the WP-DC35 housing for it. Who will be first to take it for a swim?

    Bob

  4. the IQ gains at base iso seem pretty signifcant.

     

    I'll probably get the G11, but the final call will depend on housing and accessory choices for the s90.

  5. I'll probably get the G11, but the final call will depend on housing and accessory choices for the s90.

     

    Just get both. You can carry the G11 for when you feel like carrying the heavier bigger unit and the S90 when you do not want to carry as much (sort of like taking a dSLR or G9, only shrunk down) ;)

     

    Anyway looks like Ikelite has the S90 under consideration and the G11 is waiting to see when they get a real copy in their hands. My guess is they will do both. And Canon has the model coming also for the S90 and G11. Plus Fantasea has some wide and macro options for the G11. Have you come across any shutter lag times for the cameras yet? Let me know which one you get so I can play with it :)

  6. And Canon has the model coming also for the S90 and G11. Plus Fantasea has some wide and macro options for the G11. Have you come across any shutter lag times for the cameras yet? Let me know which one you get so I can play with it ;)

    I'm diggin' all the new fantasea stuff ... I may go with a G11, Canon housing, bigEye dome, 67mm adapter, a couple Inon UCL165s and a couple S-2000 stobes ... very affordable and small.

  7. The real test will be to see which models have wide angle options.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.