Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Images to Disc ?

Started by Osprey ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Images to Disc ?

5 posts
  1. Ok ... I meant o do this a couple of years back but still not got around to it.

     

    I guess like many I have hundreds of digital images. I have master & adjusted versions ... and have copies of both for backup purposes.

     

    My question relates to sharing of selections of these images (and showing them)

     

    Typical scenario is that i would like to give a CD or DVD of images to friends & family - typically to be viewed on a DVD player, or on PC.

     

    I have had some CD's given to me that do this with a user friendly front end .. i.e it boots up with a graphical menau .. to allow user to select a 'folder' or play a slideshow.

    The folders appear as neat boxes, with appropriate titles ... not just a PC file format view.

    be nice if background, & music could be added - but not essential.

     

    I don't want to spend a fortune on yet another software package ... but would be interested in knowing what packages you guys recommend ?

     

    Second part to the Q is what size (quality) should I put these images onto disc .... I keep them once adjusted as 2100x1500 jpegs .... and this makes them typically about 4MB, do they need to be downsized to suit TV playback ?

     

    Any help appreciated.

     

    In case relevant ....my pc kit is as follows -

     

    2.4GHz PC running Vista Ultimate 32bit

    2 x 300GB RAID disk array

    2 x 1TB DNS backup array

     

    Photoshop CS3

    Roxio Creator DE ver 9

    ImgBurn ver2.4

    Windows Media Center - built in (never started this up)

    ACD ver 9

    Pro Show Gold ver 3.2

     

    This latter package was bought with intent to use to create my picture discs ... not tried it yet -maybe this is still the way forward :-)

  2. Yep - I use Proshow to make picture disks and DVD's for family. It's quite easy to use. Just have a look through the output options.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Yep - I use Proshow to make picture disks and DVD's for family. It's quite easy to use. Just have a look through the output options.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    what size & resolution images do you use ?

  4. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. You can let Proshow resize the images, or resize them yourself. I usually resize them to HD size - 1920 wide by whatever tall.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I'd be surprised if ACDsee (if that's what you're referring to) can't make some sort of slideshow CD.

     

    Macs include software that does this sort of thing very nicely, so I usually just reach for one of my Macs for this sort of thing.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.