Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

G11 Shots on DPReview

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

G11 Shots on DPReview

8 posts
  1. G11

     

    Looks like a nice jump in high ISO usage. Check out the 1,600 and 3,200 ISO shots. Looks pretty goodd across the board...

  2. G11

     

    Looks like a nice jump in high ISO usage. Check out the 1,600 and 3,200 ISO shots. Looks pretty goodd across the board...

    You are trying to make me buy it, aren't you?

     

    Bastard ... ;-)

  3. You are trying to make me buy it, aren't you?

     

    Bastard ... ;-)

     

    ;)

  4. Holy crap. That does look very impressive.

     

    I think I'll stick with my G10 though. Other than the fact that I barely just got it (doh!), I think I'll mostly be using it for strobe lit macro work where high ISO isn't needed at all.

     

    I wonder if the housing for this will be more forgiving for wide adapters?

  5. Holy crap. That does look very impressive.

     

    I think I'll stick with my G10 though. Other than the fact that I barely just got it (doh!), I think I'll mostly be using it for strobe lit macro work where high ISO isn't needed at all.

     

    I wonder if the housing for this will be more forgiving for wide adapters?

     

    Will be interesting to see, though the G10 has some options for WA depending on the housing. The new round does look impressive (G11 and S90). I may get one as a pocket cam. Or maybe I will just steal Jeremy's when he gets his ;)

  6. high ISO isn't needed at all.

     

    I wonder if the housing for this will be more forgiving for wide adapters?

     

    The base ISO IQ gains are also impressive and as the lens is the same as the G10, I would image it would have similar options for WA.

  7. Damn you ;)

     

    Hey, the S60 (not sure about the model) that's also coming out has the same sensor and lens right? So it should basically have the same IQ. The thing I'm wondering though is whether the smaller form factor might enable the use of more WA/Macro adapters. Or would the the fact that it's the same lens (ie: large barrel) just cancel that out? I guess we'll see.

  8. Damn you ;)

     

    Hey, the S60 (not sure about the model) that's also coming out has the same sensor and lens right? So it should basically have the same IQ. The thing I'm wondering though is whether the smaller form factor might enable the use of more WA/Macro adapters. Or would the the fact that it's the same lens (ie: large barrel) just cancel that out? I guess we'll see.

    Same sensor - different (new) lens. It is an f/2.0 at the wide end.

     

    The S90 does seem very, very interesting. I am leaning G11, but will reserve final judgment until we see what you can do with an S90 ...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.