Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

350D Err 01

Started by kornse ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

350D Err 01

5 posts
  1. My old trusting Canon 350D just started "saying" Err 01 when I shoot. I can shoot a series of pics and then the viewfinder goes darker and it writes Err 01 in the small display... ;)

     

    What could cause this? (surely just not age??) Hardware or software??

     

    Hope some of you can help me safe an old friend...

     

    Thanks

     

    Mads

  2. "Viewfinder gets darker" Sounds like the aperture is not functioning properly and getting stuck partially closed.

     

    First I would clean the contacts on both the camera body and lens. If that does not fix the problem, try a different lens on the body and a different body on the lens to determine in the problem is the lens or the body.

  3. Thank you I will give it a try.

     

    Mads

  4. Thank you William!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cleaned the contacts and shot around 60 images with 3 different lenses and it didn't jam once ;)

     

    So now i´ll go looking for a second body just in case...

     

    Huge THANKS!!!

     

    Mads

  5. I had the same problem, caused by a low battery of TTL... Strange, but I had the same Err 01 in every 4-5 shoots. I changed the battery of the TTL and everything was fixed!

     

    Martin

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.