Will be in Maldives in a few weeks during whale shark season, really looking forward as these have always been on my list to shoot.
Do any experienced shooters have suggestions for ideal settings, will be shooting Nikon D200 with Tokina 11-16mm in an Ikelite housing
I am especially interested in the focus mode, in Florida the group dynamic autofucs seemed to work good for manatees, but if I'm fortunate enough to get close to a whale share I wonder if the auto focus will have a hard time locking up o n such a broad area?
Also as far as lighting I have a DS-125 strobe but am wondering if available light is easier both to cut down on glare (unless I go with a 1/4 pop all the time just for some fill light), and also just so I can be a little more mobile with the camera?
Any other pointers are most welcome!
Best,
Philip