Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Pro-Alt or Pro-Menu handle for OceanImages housing

Started by scobeyr ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Pro-Alt or Pro-Menu handle for OceanImages housing

2 posts
  1. I have little experience with my camera, a DCR PC-120. In fact, I have little video experience overall.

     

    I'm seriously thinking about getting an Ocean Images housing for my Sony camcorder and I'm having a problem deciding on wether to get the Pro-Alt handle or Pro-Menu handle.

     

    One important(?) feature that the Pro-Alt handle includes, is the ability to use the "Back Light" button on the camera. Unfortunately it doesn't give you access to the "menu" options on the camera.

     

    The Pro-Menu handle does give you access to the menu options, but it doesn't include the Back Light button. I'm not really sure what other menu options might useful except for the "White Balance" setting. I'm also not sure if any other menu selections would give you the back light control. I have some reading to do tonight.

     

    So, do I choose the Pro-Alt handle or Pro-Menu handle? Would you give up the back light button for the menu options? Without the experience, I'm just not sure.

     

    Is anyone familiar with this housing and the controls?

     

    I'd really appreciate any feedback!

  2. I don't have experience with this camera or the housing you mention. I did read their website, though.

     

    If white balance can be controlled through the menus I'd strongly consider that. The backlight function might not be available but some form of exposure compensation may be. Backlight might be valuable sometimes but custom white balance would be useful always (if you could figure out how to do it).

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.