Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Drive speed

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Drive speed

5 posts
  1. Question, I have a second internal drive on my Mac Pro. It had been in a G5 prior to the Mac Pro. To be honest, I have no idea what the drive spins at. I located the drive using my system profiler and while it lists capacity and a bunch of other stuff, no where does it say what the rpms are. Does anyone know of a way to find this info without pulling the drive and hoping it says so somewhere.

    Steve

  2. Question, I have a second internal drive on my Mac Pro. It had been in a G5 prior to the Mac Pro. To be honest, I have no idea what the drive spins at. I located the drive using my system profiler and while it lists capacity and a bunch of other stuff, no where does it say what the rpms are. Does anyone know of a way to find this info without pulling the drive and hoping it says so somewhere.

    Steve

     

     

    Steve check the system profiler and you should be able to see the Model/Serial number and can perhaps look that up on the manufactuers website

  3. Drew,

    This is what I get in the system profiler but googling didn't come up with a speed. -Steve

    Intel ESB2 AHCI:

     

    Vendor: Intel

    Product: ESB2 AHCI

    Speed: 3 Gigabit

    Description: AHCI Version 1.10 Supported

     

    ST3500630AS P:

     

    Capacity: 465.76 GB

    Model: ST3500630AS P

    Revision: 3.BTG

    Serial Number: 9QG0JDX8

    Native Command Queuing: Yes

    Queue Depth: 32

    Removable Media: No

    Detachable Drive: No

    BSD Name: disk1

    Bay Name: "Bay 2"

    Mac OS 9 Drivers: No

    Partition Map Type: APM (Apple Partition Map)

    S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

    Volumes:

    500inHD:

    Capacity: 465.64 GB

    Available: 73.74 GB

    Writable: Yes

    File System: Journaled HFS+

    BSD Name: disk1s3

    Mount Point: /Volumes/500inHD

  4. Drew,

     

    Model: ST3500630AS P

    Revision: 3.BTG

    Serial Number: 9QG0JDX8

     

     

    Looks like a Seagate 500 Gig based on the model number, 16 Meg Cache 7,200RPM.

     

    Tried to find the serial to confirm on Seagate site, but did ot pull it up, but looking at the info, looks like that. Could be something else, but I would think it is the 500 Gig/7200RPM.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  5. Big thanks Drew, I'm using the Black Magic Speed test to compare different drives to the DroboPro that Data Robotics sent me and would think that the disc speed itself would be a significant factor. Almost done with the review, much longer than I originally thought it would turn out to be.

    Steve

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.