How does everyone do a fade out of audio in final cut. Whenever I set up two key frames and fade out it gives me a non linear fade, it is actually a reverse exponential curve (if you get what I mean) which sounds awful. There must be a way altering this isn't there? Or do I have to mess around in Soundtrack Pro (not super keen on that idea)
Jon
Jon,
For a simple audio fade out you do not have to go to Soundtrack. You can use an audio transition effect, namely the Cross Fade (0dB). You set up the lenght and it is ready.
With keyframes I suppose you only changed the second keyframe. It is not linear, but you can move the first keyframe, making the curve flatter.
How does everyone do a fade out of audio in final cut. Whenever I set up two key frames and fade out it gives me a non linear fade, it is actually a reverse exponential curve (if you get what I mean) which sounds awful. There must be a way altering this isn't there? Or do I have to mess around in Soundtrack Pro (not super keen on that idea)
Jon
In addition to what Jules mentioned, you can also make each fade longder by double clicking on it an setting the time and/or you can add more keyframes and adjust the fades (and you can adjust the length of the fades there also by sliding the keyframes.)
I've always used the default cross fade only between two audio tracks. You do say that you are using only 2 keyframes. Try using 2 keyframes side by side and then one at the end of the audio. Now when you pull the one on the far right down, it will pull down and fade only from the middle keyframe keeping the level before that and the first keyframe on the left at the audio level you set before the fade is to begin. Hope that makes sence.
Steve
Thanks guys... I have used the audio cross fade out transition but never been really happy with it. And I have also used multiple key frames but I find that due to the curve it audio drops slowly to begin with then suddenly falls away and this can sound a little abrupt. Can you change it so that the volume drops in a linear fashion as opposed to the curve?
Thanks guys... I have used the audio cross fade out transition but never been really happy with it. And I have also used multiple key frames but I find that due to the curve it audio drops slowly to begin with then suddenly falls away and this can sound a little abrupt. Can you change it so that the volume drops in a linear fashion as opposed to the curve?
I usually drop a few key frames and able to adjust the fade imore precisely if needed. Probably another way to do it I guess, but I find it fairly quick this way
If you want full control over your audio, including the ability to equalize, compress, etc... download Reaper, a professional-level audio tool that is inexpensive and yet provides you with more possibilities than you can care for. It is a sort of Photoshop for audio. Interface a bit intimidating but download the manual and you should be fine.
Michel
If you want full control over your audio, including the ability to equalize, compress, etc... download Reaper, a professional-level audio tool that is inexpensive and yet provides you with more possibilities than you can care for. It is a sort of Photoshop for audio. Interface a bit intimidating but download the manual and you should be fine.
Michel
Soundtrack Pro is good for more control when compared to Final Cut, and is included in Final Cut Studio (not quite Pro Tools or Logic, but more effects, better riding of faders, etc.). Works nicely with Final Cut and real good expansion of the tools available in Final Cut.
Soundtrack Pro is good for more control when compared to Final Cut, and is included in Final Cut Studio (not quite Pro Tools or Logic, but more effects, better riding of faders, etc.). Works nicely with Final Cut and real good expansion of the tools available in Final Cut.
Just been messing around with Soundtrack Pro for the last few days on a couple of projects...... what a great program! I thought it was going to be a real pain in the arse but the results are great. I really like the way you can clean up audio, do decent fade's and pan's.
If you haven't used it much I can strongly advise it. I actually had an old FCP 5 training disc from a training book which had a couple of tutorials which were excellent.
Just been messing around with Soundtrack Pro for the last few days on a couple of projects...... what a great program! I thought it was going to be a real pain in the arse but the results are great. I really like the way you can clean up audio, do decent fade's and pan's.
If you haven't used it much I can strongly advise it. I actually had an old FCP 5 training disc from a training book which had a couple of tutorials which were excellent.
Cool, glad it is working to do what you needed. It is a good program.