Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

oly pt-015 + ike dual handle tray question

Started by artDDS ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

oly pt-015 + ike dual handle tray question

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I have an olympus c-5050 with oly pt-015 housing. I have just purchased an ikelite dual handle tray with the pt-015 anti-twist tray.

     

    I am not sure I have attached the whole setup properly. The housing still twists a little bit on the tray. It does not feel totally secure.

     

    I attached the thin strip of plastic to the rectangular block using the screws and nuts. I then put the block under the pt-015.

    Then i took the larger screw and put it through the washer, then through the thin strip of plastic, then through the rectangular block then into the thread on the pt-015.

     

    It seems to hold but the housing does twist if i apply some pressure. As i said before it does not feel totally secure.

     

    Can anyone who has this same setup please advise me as to whether or not i have set this up properly?

     

    Thanks,

    Art

    http://www.arthuryam.com/aruba

  2. Assemble everything with all screws slightly loose. Then hold the 1/4" thick plastic tray piece tight against the feet of the PT-015 housing while tightening the two phillips head screws and nuts for permanent position of the parts. Now the housing can be removed or attached with the big 1/4-20 mounting screw and should be very secure. A little piece of rubber inserted on edge of tray where it touches the housing feet might eliminate any slight rattle you feel.............

  3. thanks ike,

    i will try adding rubber to the setup.

     

    if you happen to read this i have another question,

     

    i tried the tray, housing and strobe (ds-125) setup in fresh water and it seemed a bit heavy. do you know if this setup is supposed to be close to neutrally buoyant in salt water?

    thanks

    art

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.