Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Camera Insruance DEPP, DAN, etc.

Started by panglao ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera Insruance DEPP, DAN, etc.

11 posts
  1. Is there a camera insurance company commonly used other than DEPP or DAN?

     

    With DAN even though I am a US citizen I do not live there.

     

    With DEPP it says coverage is not even available in all states. I emailed them to ask about my situation and so far no response.

     

    US home insurance is not an option.

     

    I found the site www.camerainsurance.co.uk but they seem to link mainly to UK insurance companies who have "leisure" policies as part of their regular plans.

     

    I live full time overseas and need a global insurer if there is one.

     

    Thanks

  2. I'm an American living overseas and I use DEPP with no issues. They're not very good at communicating, but I'm covered. No worries so far.

     

    Cheers,

    Ken

  3. I'm an American living overseas and I use DEPP with no issues. They're not very good at communicating, but I'm covered. No worries so far.

     

    Cheers,

    Ken

     

    Thanks Ken your situation sounds promising.

     

    I will call them in the morning and see what they say since I can't get an email response.

  4. I can recomend divemaster.net just got a insurance a month ago and a flood shortly after that!

    They just paid me without problems!

     

    Bruno

  5. If you are in the states, I have all my gear, to include my camera, housing, flash, etc.... insured through State Farm. They have a sports equipment policy that covers all that gear regardless of how it is lost or damaged.

  6. If you are in the states, I have all my gear, to include my camera, housing, flash, etc.... insured through State Farm. They have a sports equipment policy that covers all that gear regardless of how it is lost or damaged.

    I have the same insurance.

  7. Are those State Farm policies through your Homeowners policy?

     

    I use DAN now and I've never had to make a claim, but it seems pricey to me.

     

    Living in Florida on the water I have to get my homeowners Ins. through a State run program and Allstate who writes all my other policies will only cover a small portion of my camera equipment.

     

    Anybody living in Florida using State Farm?

     

    Thanks!

     

    Mike

  8. Are those State Farm policies through your Homeowners policy?

    Mine is totally independent of my homeowners policy. its stand alone.

    You might call statefarm and ask them about a policy, if you are interested.

  9. Mine is totally independent of my homeowners policy. its stand alone.

    You might call statefarm and ask them about a policy, if you are interested.

     

    Thanks Dave!

  10. Yes, mine is a stand alone policy as well, although I do get a multiple line discount with it. :)

  11. I have had two claims with DAN insurance - they are very good and very prompt in paying. I recommend them highly.

    Andy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.