Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

5DII - Sydney Shore Dive

Started by AengusM ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

5DII - Sydney Shore Dive

5 posts
  1. Been reviewing the threads here for some vidSLR info, specifically 5DII, and looking at the quality of the vid's on show am pretty nervous posting this but anyway..here goes....

     

    I recently did a couple of "video" dives at Clifton Garden's in Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour), Australia.

     

    My first effort at video, no manual settings, both dives were very much a learning exercise and wow, lots of learning to do from keeping the rig stable to .... just about everything else....

     

    Used Edius Neo to process, found it pretty straight forward but need to figure out all this codec stuff to get the best output, the hardest part was finding some royalty free music that suited.

     

    I know I need to work on things like camera stability and adding some light, and the clip fades need work but keen to hear any other feedback particularly if there are any "General" video guidelines e.g. pan left to right not right to left, than you think I need to be aware of or are very obvious in this piece?

     

     

    HD link: http://www.vimeo.com/6831427

     

    Cheers,

     

    Aengus

    Edited by AengusM
  2. Hey Aengus Spielberg - nice cameo. :D

    Your video looks great for a first effort - can't wait for episode 2.

  3. Aengus, you need to make sure your 16:9 markers are set. Your video is coming out as 4:3 ratio. Usually I would either set to 16:9 or add the black areas myself and send in as a 4:3.

  4. Thanks Drew for the correct ratio's, I noticed how they changed, another item for the list :D

  5. Nice clip Aengus,

     

    What settings did you use on the MII? Automatic exposure? One thing I would change is under-exposure one step (EV -1)?

     

    I did not see any MII with housing but have seen wonder video clips from this SLR.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.