I'll weigh in on this.......
While the Ikelite 8" dome port is REQUIRED for accurate over / under shots many of the rectilinear wide angle zoom lenses (non-fisheyes) perform quite well in Ikelite's extended 6" dome port.
I have used the Nikon 12-24mm and Canon 10-22mm in 6" extended domes plus sold many users the proper length extended 6" dome port for for Sigma 12-24mm and even the 10-20mm lens mentioned here.
The thing I determined is at full 10mm you will see some edge softness no matter what aperture you stop down to, adding diopters or other "solutions". But if you simply zoom to maybe 12mm at a very minor loss of view the edges sharpen up even in the 6" domes.
I think it has to do with the lens angle coming in a bit from full wide plus the exact nodal point of an extended dome port which on a rectilinear zoom lens will never be perfect at ALL focal lengths.
Personally, I think adding a zoom ring and clamp on such a wide lens is asking for a flood.....But I have had some SIgma 10-20mm folks squeeze it in against my (and Ikelite's) recommendations.
I also think zooming versus setting one focal length and concentrating on that view for a dive can sometimes lead people to shoot too far away for good strobe color.
If you want the ultimate in edge sharpness then there's only one lens to use, the Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye. You can "de-fish" the curve seen at 10mm on APS-C sensor dSLRs and at 17mm if used properly it isn't even that obvious.
Just my humble opinion.....
dhaas