Word on the street (Singapore) a replacement for the 5050 is due in soon... Shops are dumping old stocks at pretty good prices ![]()
- 12Posts
- 12Replies
Read-only discussion
5050 upgrade?
-
-
no shutter lag.. no shutter lag... no shutter lag..

-
It won't be no shutter lag but maybe just a lot less.
BTW, I wonder how Eric liked the 5050 on his recent test dives and what improvements he would hope for?
TedJ
-
Hopefully, wider ISO, improved diaphram and broader optic, improved buffer, better viewfinder TTL outlet and maybe another pile if pixels.
-
Hopefully they’ll keep the same chassis. I just upgraded to the 5050 and would like the housing to stay current for a little while. One nice thing about the early Olympus C series camera was the interchangeability of cameras and housings.
-
Yep, that keeps the faithful, faithful!
-
Are we to assume that his silence signals that Eric did not care for the results with the 5050?
TedJ
-
Ok Mr goldfish in the sky,
I've asked politely about Eric's experience with the 5050 on two threads and a personal message to him and nothing. No response whatsoever. This is very pathetic when he advertised that he was purchasing the 5050 and would be testing it. Again if you are all such professional photographers that you don't want to deal with those of us who are not then so state and be done with us. Otherwise answer the questions. I'm losing my patience with you personally and as a group.
What the heck was Eric's experience with the 5050? Is that so difficult to answer?
-
Um. That was very rude.
For one, I am not obligated to answer arbitrary questions. I have been extremely busy, and have a very long list of things that I'm thinking about. I get a lot of personal e-mail, and tend not to reply to questions that can be answered by doing a little research yourself.
Second, it doesn't really matter what I think. There are a lot of great photographers on board here who have been getting fantastic results with the camera. Look to them for advice!
I have had the 5050 in the water, but I haven't had enough time to really form a solid opinion. I don't have much experience with other consumer cams in the water, either. The community itself is a better resource. I can, of course, compare it to a D60 and tell you that it doesn't match it, but that isn't anything new.
-
Sorry my frustration ended up being rude. It was with respect for your experience that I asked the question. Not receiving any response frustrated me. Sorry
TedJ
-
I've got a -5050z and have used it a lot. Feel free to ask me any questions Eric is too busy to answer -- some of us are still tied to our desks and aren't off gallivanting around the world. Consequently, we have time on our hands
. In the mean time, if you haven't seen it yet (I posted it to digitaldiver a while back), check out my temporary St. Vincent gallery at:http://members.cox.net/moelrich_uw/St_Vinc...lery/index.html
All photos taken with the -5050 and add-on lenses.
Mike
-
Well, ah...Ted step away from the caffine.
Holy cow, this is a voluntary board with responses voluntarily given by those who choose. Pro or not pro. Unless I am paying for a particular service I do not demand instant results. I personally am grateful for the board and the personal time that people take to respond to any of my posts.
Part of the trouble with email is that sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is even in and able to check their email also.
Mike can be very helpful in this area as he shoots that camera regularly with great results and is knowledgeable. Best of luck. Sorry I don't shoot it so I cannot help.
I appreciate that you saw the light.