Has anybody ever attempted to use a Canon 50mm 1.8 t1 lens mounted behind an Ike 5503 port ???
Will this work in theory ???
Any ideas or suggestion before I attempt this ??
Thanks
Ted
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by fireted ·
Read-only discussion
Has anybody ever attempted to use a Canon 50mm 1.8 t1 lens mounted behind an Ike 5503 port ???
Will this work in theory ???
Any ideas or suggestion before I attempt this ??
Thanks
Ted
Ted,
I've considered that low cost lens but it will not focus UW without a diopter behind the Ikelite #5503 dome port. I'm not even sure if it would physically fit by itself or with a diopter attached (max length measurement on the Canon 50mm f1.8 lens is ?)
Also remember due to 1.6X crop factor the 50mm will "see" like a 80mm.
If you want to try it maybe behind a 5502 flat port. Which you wouldn't need any diopter for.
Good luck
dhaas
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.