Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Judge for yourself!

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Judge for yourself!

10 posts
  1. The less time spent looking at Ken Rockwell's site the better. I find this consistent with the normal level of credibility of his writing.

     

    But I guess it serves the purpose of increasing his website traffic.

     

    Alex

  2. I have a soft spot (in the head?) for Ken R as:

     

    (a) he did say, more or less, that it's the photographer, not the camera

     

    (b) if he thinks that a Nikon lens has limited applicability or is over-engineered, then I'm sure to love it, and

     

    (c) I also love it when things get stirred up!

     

    If the theory of panspermia is right, then we're all descended from small aliens, and if not, we're still all made from organic refuse left behind from the planetary nebula, 41/2 billion years ago....

     

    Tim

     

    :(

     

    PS This is a new low, and I'd like to thank Paul for making me follow the link...

  3. If the aliens where in fact as advanced as Ken states, then why did they build these structures from stome and clay? Surely they must have had products such as carbon fiber and plastic. I don't believe for one minute that the aliens are quite as advanced as Ken perceives them to be! Excuse me for a moment, I'm receiving an intergalactic messege on my Blackberry. :(

  4. The boy seems to have dropped a cog :(

     

    Paul C

  5. Rockwell is a self-glorified blogger. There is no reason to help him get more hits on this site. Don't help him perpetuate. :(

  6. While that might be true, that link does say that he likes hoaxes and making stuff up, so I wouldnt take the alien stuff too seriously.

     

    Otara

  7. That's my point. His "reviews" are garbage and sometimes made up... so why bother?

  8. I guess it depends why you're reading it.

     

    I mean he says

     

    "This is my personal website. I do it all by myself. I'm just one guy with a computer who likes to take pictures. I have the playful, immature and creative, trouble-making mind of a seven-year-old, so read accordingly."

     

    Anyone who reads him and gets grumpy because it doesn't meet the standards of a 'real' review site only has themselves to blame in my view, because he explicitly said it wasnt intended to be such in the first place.

     

    Otara

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.