Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

tactical gun flashlight for underwater video camera

Started by softnuance ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

tactical gun flashlight for underwater video camera

5 posts
  1. In underwater video camera gear, a 1000 lumen lighting system will cost around 1000$ (battery, cable, bulb,)

     

    In tactical guns, a 4100 lumen miniature torch will cost around 300$.

     

    http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

     

    I even saw 35$ for 900 lumens.

     

    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19767

     

    Despite the fact that it must be modified to go at 90 feet underwater (thicker glass, sealer, grease, etc.) I only see advantages.

     

    The color of the light (K) is probably not as precise as diving gears.

     

    Is there something I did not think about?

    Edited by softnuance
  2. In underwater video camera gear, a 1000 lumen lighting system will cost around 1000$ (battery, cable, bulb,)

     

    In tactical guns, a 4100 lumen miniature torch will cost around 300$.

     

    http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

     

    I even saw 35$ for 900 lumens.

     

    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19767

     

    Despite the fact that it must be modified to go at 90 feet underwater (thicker glass, sealer, grease, etc.) I only see advantages.

     

    The color of the light (K) is probably not as precise as diving gears.

     

    Is there something I did not think about?

    The advert had me laughing. As if it were the light that cooked the egg, not the heat. In any case, a 15 minute battery life seems too short for much diving and I am not sure I like Li batteries underwater much.

    Bill

  3. U R right for the heat cooking the egg... still impressive.

     

    I still dont understand how they pretend that a very small battery will give that energy for so long.

     

    Pilot Whale Wolf Eye is more realistic and a lot cheaper (299$).

     

    http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/pr...=1-139-160-6700

  4. softnuance, i agree with you.

     

    Ive been modding or DIYing the inexpensive flashlights purchased from DX to U/W lights.

    The results have satisfied me well.

     

    my mod or DIY U/W lights:

    All the lights have been still alive after 30m depth diving for the moment.

     

    Romisen RC-G2: dx/sku.3607

    http://hanachan.ddo.jp/!!kosaku/20.../g2uwlight.html (my HP)

    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourse...isen-rc-g2.html (SB)

     

    UltraFire C2 Cree MC-E: dx/sku.16539

    http://hanachan.ddo.jp/!!kosaku/20.../C2uwlight.html (my HP)

    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourse...re-c2-mc-e.html (SB)

     

    Romisen RC-T6: dx/sku.15685

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=232886 (CPF)

     

    MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 2-Mode: dx/sku.12325 (IMO this is better than sku16539)

    http://hanachan.ddo.jp/!!kosaku/20...TEP7/MTEP7.html (my HP)

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=237323 (CPF)

     

    DIY Underwater light SSC P7:

    http://hanachan.ddo.jp/!!kosaku/20.../P7light01.html (myHP)

     

    DIY P7 Video light

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=238176 (CPF)

  5. I wired this entire light head (with the face/lens removed) into an old OmerSub light head:

     

    http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?main_p...4e89jmfhoctb2u2

     

    Since the light comes on in the high power position when it gets power, I was even able to use the old switch. I don't know if it is really 900 lumens but it is definitely bright. Two of the batteries easily fit in the Omersub battery housing which is slightly less than 2' diameter x 8" long.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.