Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CS4 Problem...

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

CS4 Problem...

2 posts
  1. I hope someone can throw some light on this tech problem.

     

    Since its release, I've running CS4 extended on XP without any problems. Yesterday an error message popped up when I tried to use the clone stamp "unable to open the clone stamp tool due to an application error". So I rebooted. No luck. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled CS4. Still no luck. Tech advised me my preference file (prefs.psp) need to be recreated so I renamed it and restarted CS4. A new prefs.psp file did not materialise. Does anyone have any ideas?

     

    Many thanks in advance, Tim

  2. Firstly, I found out that Adobe have switched their offshore tech support to a new third party about a month ago. They are still 'feeling their way' in terms of expertise and customer service...

     

    Anyway, I have been able to resolve the problem and the solution is one which is worth remembering. In documents and settings / application data / adobe you will find the folder 'adobe photoshop cs4'. Delete it or if you are scared like me, move to the desktop. Relaunch CS4 and a new folder and preference files will be created. Voila!

     

    HTH someone else.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.