Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Strobes flash tube died

Started by MJvC ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobes flash tube died

3 posts
  1. I have a well known strobe (not giving names) and the flash tube died on me recently I could not have taken more than 10 000 pics with it. Is this normal, does anyone have any idea how many flashes these tubes are meant to give before giving up.

     

    Thanks

  2. If it is a pro level strobe (e.g. Ike, S&S, Inon etc) then it should last much more than this.

     

    I have had problems with strobe internals going wrong regularly (my Subtronic strobes know their way back to Germany on their own), but never a tube. But I guess any component can fail. This is a very rare thing to hear happen on Wetpixel, so my feeling is that you have just been unlucky (possibly getting physically bashed during travel or something which weakened it).

     

    I would be fairly confident that when you buy a replacement it will last a normal life time.

     

    Alex

  3. Thanks Alex

     

    I will just send it back I thought it was a bit premature for it to die.

     

    Mark

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.