Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Komodo Dive Video ands some updates to older ones

Started by uzun ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

New Komodo Dive Video ands some updates to older ones

6 posts
  1. Recently got back from a 3 week trip to Indonesia (Komodo and Bali areas). It was fantastic, I highly recommend both regions as a dive destination.

     

    I still have a LOT of hours of video to go through but I put together a short showing some of the reef predators of the area, and updated a few older videos I did. Hopefully you'll like them.

     

    Indonesia's Reef Warriors - Indonesia's Reef Warriors

     

    Kelp Forest Video (updated) -

     

    Sharks of North America 2 min -

     

    Sharks of North America 3 min - Sharks of North America 3 Min

     

    Updated Humboldt Squid Video - Trouble in Paradise

     

    -Roger

  2. These are really nice videos Roger. Great camera work and you nailed some fine predation shots in that Indonesia video.

     

    There's a nice quality to the footage too. What camera and lights are you using, and what format/bitrate are you uploading to YouTube in?

  3. Very, very cool! And really pretty as well! Love the Mola Mola action, mixed in with all the frog fish and the flamboyant cuttler!

  4. I'm using a Sony HDR-XR520V camcorder with a Bluefin Pro Housing from Light & motion. I use Sunray 2000 LED video lights. I upload MPEG-2 videos, 720p approx 18000mps VBR to Youtube.

     

    These are really nice videos Roger. Great camera work and you nailed some fine predation shots in that Indonesia video.

     

    There's a nice quality to the footage too. What camera and lights are you using, and what format/bitrate are you uploading to YouTube in?

  5. Very nice stuff there Roger. Very nice. Looking at the Kelp rainforest video, it was interesting to see that triggerfish in cooler waters. Thats not the norm is it?

     

    Hey Roger.. not to change the subject.. but I noticed some of your vids posted on Youtube some on Vimeo. I've posted a few of mine on Vimeo.. but they seem to play back "jerky" sometimes. I noticed the same with yours. The Youtube ones seems to play smoother than the Vimeo posts. Curious what your thoughts are about any differences. I'm trying to determine if my "jerky" videos is something I'm doing wrong.. or just Vimeo.

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
  6. I also have a few things up on Vimeo. Most of the time they play smoothly and appear to be much better than Youtube, however, on occasion, I have also noticed the jitter. Aside from someone not compressing properly to Vimeo, it very well could be their own server from time to time.

    Steve

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.