Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dive 09 - UK Diveshow

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive 09 - UK Diveshow

14 posts
  1. The UK Diveshow is less than 2 weeks away, so I thought it was worth starting a thread to see who is going!

     

    dive09_image.jpg

     

    (I am not - judging the El Hierro Fotosub in the Canaries, so can't make it.)

     

    Special features this year include an Asian Pacific Showcase, British Isles Experience and Red Sea Zone (with talks - well worth checking out).

     

    You can see a list of speaker presentations here and catch the latest updates here.

     

    For underwater photographers - make sure you go along and check out my pals Saeed and Duxy at the Digital Clinic (15:15-16:30, both days). I hope to be back co-presenting the Digital Clinic at the next UK show with the guys. Another must see is the gallery of winning images from the Sharks In Focus.

     

    Alex

  2. I'll be there both days.

     

    Saturday is a social and I'm catching up with some folk who I havn't seen for 15 or 20 years and then heading off for a ruby and beer. I'm taking the camper to crash in (not litterally I hope!).

     

    Sunday will be my nerd day and I'll spend some time at Cameras Underwater and H&P when I hope to be able to evaluate Dyron's fisheye glass.

     

    A visit to Al at VR Tech to get my VR3 upgraded to a HD screen seems a plan. My ageing eyes are starting to find the numbers on the standard screen a little difficult to see - Was that 10 minutes or 100 minintes tts? PPO what? 20/20 or 70/70? lol!

     

    I need to get some more He Wee Go sheaths too. I know you'll all be relieved (pardon the pun) if I don't go in to more detail here... and it'll be good to get some comparitive data from Suunto on the decompression algorythms used on their new HELO2, which I'll soon be wearing alongside my VR3.

     

    I have to search for a new compact Lumb reel as my last one is continuing with its holiday somewhere at St. Johns. Lydia at Oonas will probably get an order from me as CJ is keen to do a proper wreck safari next Easter.

     

    I'll be good to bump into a WP or two. How about meeting outside Seminar Room 19 half an hour before Saeed Rashid & Paul Duxfield Digital Clinic presentation (3.15 - 4.30). If all WP's hop up an down on their left leg, pick their right nostril with a little finger and wear a leek on a lapel then we'll be able to recongnise each other...

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  3. I'll be good to bump into a WP or two. How about meeting outside Seminar Room 19 half an hour before Saeed Rashid & Paul Duxfield Digital Clinic presentation (3.15 - 4.30). If all WP's hop up an down on their left leg, pick their right nostril with a little finger and wear a leek on a lapel then we'll be able to recongnise each other...

     

    You won't stand out like that in Birmingham

  4. I'll be there on Sunday.

     

    Nige Wade

  5. I might hang around, but only for decorative purposes this year.

  6. I might be there Saturday-I've got a meeting that I'm trying to set up-so if it comes off, I'll be there!

     

    I've been full time and active in the UK diving industry fo 15 years, and this is the first time I've been to one!

     

    Adam

  7. Looks like me and my girlfriend will be heading there on the Sunday ... She's a new diver so we are going to be buying some goodies and then watching the heroic Paul Watson ...

     

    Oh yeah and we wil be at the bar for the odd cheeky one :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. I might be going but it depends on whether I end up going to visit some friends in Brum. It'd be nice to put some faces to names if I do! :P

  9. I'm going up with my girlfriend on Saturday, hopefully catch up with some friends there as well, i need a few bits and pieces plus i promised to buy the other half some scuba gear as well..... ho hum

  10. I'm there - representing KBR (Lembeh Straits) with the folks from Tasik Ria (Bunaken). Hope to see you guys......

  11. I'm there - representing KBR (Lembeh Straits) with the folks from Tasik Ria (Bunaken). Hope to see you guys......

     

    On stand 1267 if I'm not mistaken. I'll black my nose Tim. It'll be good to catch up with you again.

  12. I'm there - representing KBR (Lembeh Straits) with the folks from Tasik Ria (Bunaken). Hope to see you guys......

     

    Hey Tim I'll be there on Saturday and will definately drop by for a chat.

    Looking forward to meeting you.

     

    Nige Wade

  13. Not this year for me, I'm stuck at home post-op an eye operation....... :)

     

    R

  14. I will be there on saturday, havent got anything to buy, but that doesnt mean the credit card wont get hammered. I hope to see a few of you guys there. I will be at the bar at 2pm - whos round is it.?

     

    3840891116_f3eb96ce65_o.jpg

     

    This is me and Lou, come and say hi, we dont bite.

     

    Stew

    Edited by stewsmith
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.